The beauty of November is the spirit of gratefulness. A time of reflection and simply counting your blessings. A time when we gather with loved ones, and share traditions. It is a time of year the world seems still, and glad to just be.
A Time Of ReflectionNovember is a time to count your blessings, and reflect of the year’s events. Many people participate in 30 Days of Gratitude . This year is distinguished because we are also at the end a decade.
Here are some suggestions to get you started in mulling over the past year—the last decade.
- What did I learn? (skills, knowledge, awareness, etc.)
- What did I accomplish? A list of my wins and achievements.
- What would I have done differently? Why?
- What did I complete or release? What still feels incomplete to me?
- What were the most significant events of the year past? List the top three.
- What did I do right? What do I feel especially good about? What was my greatest contribution?
- What were the fun things I did? What were the not-so-fun?
- What were my biggest challenges/roadblocks/difficulties?
- How am I different this year than last?
- For what am I particularly grateful?
Raising AwarenessDon’t be surprised with if the men type around you begin to get a bit more villous. November also kicks off the beginning of No Shave November (Movember) a month to raise awareness for men’s health issues, such as prostate cancer, testicular cancer, and men's suicide.
Visit Healthline for a full list of November health awareness days.
Engaged NationElection 2019
The 2019 United States elections will be held, in large part, on Tuesday, November 5, 2019. This off-year election includes the regular gubernatorial elections in Kentucky, Louisiana, and Mississippi. State legislative elections will also be held in Louisiana, Mississippi, and Virginia, as well as for the New Jersey General Assembly. Numerous citizen initiatives, mayoral races, and a variety of other local elections will also occur.
RESOURCE | Check out Ballotpedia Ranked-choice voting round-up
It seems like 2019 has been a whirl wind, but nevertheless here we are. We made to see the end of another year. We are blessed beyond measure. No matter the adversity or difficulties we may have experienced this year we are blessed. We are blessed with the opportunity to BE THE CHANGE we want to see in the world.
Enjoy the month and keep shining ⭐